Thursday, April 23, 2009

Recap

Wow, I've been m.i.a. SO, basically, on the morning of goal#1, which was the day we left for easter vacation, I lost 5 lbs. Unfortunately, easter vacation meant eating a lot, and the day I got back, Carnival started, so, I gained 7lbs. Now I'm +2. *extreme sad face* However, I am going to weigh myself Sunday morning to get a more accurate weight. I think by that time I shouldn't be as bloated as I am right now. The next goal is May 8th, last day of the semester. Seeing as though that day is only 2 weeks away, I better get a move on. Preparing for final projects is kicking my butt right now, but I know making time to workout would help me get through everything over the next two weeks. I DID workout twice while on vacation; I obviously was hoping for more, but 2 times is better than nothing.

In the last post, I talked about starting on another area of my life I need to fix to live a better life--dealing with my clutter. I took "before" pictures of what my apartment usually looks like throughout the week when I'm busy with class and homework. My routine has been to clean on Saturday morning, enjoy the cleanliness from Saturday evening-Monday afternoon, and then it all goes downhill again. I'm hoping that clearing out some of the clutter will help me get on track, be more organized, and feel less stressed.  I downloaded a pledge form from oprah.com, where I promised to declutter my life. I'll try to put it here...
There it is! Basically, the bottom part says I want to create a space for myself that is relaxing and peaceful, that promotes happiness not stress and anxiety and that I want to actively continue on my path for living my best life, by ridding it of all of the excess and starting with a clean slate.  I promise, pictures to follow sometime this weekend, hopefully with the "after" pictures and clutter gone! 

Goals for Goal#2:
1. run at least 6 times before May 8th (3x/wk)
2. do yoga/stretching at least 10 times before May 8th (5x/wk)
3. try to do enough work during the day so that 8 hours of sleep is possible
4. drink more water
5. start up the food journal again. religiously!


No comments:

Post a Comment