Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stats: The Numbers Don't Lie

So it's been awhile, I know. Once I got back to CMU, things went downhill. I haven't worked out hard since being back in Pittsburgh, although I have taken little Ryder for long walks on the warmer days. Today I renewed the promise to myself to put "ME" first and get back on track, especially with my first goal rapidly approaching, which brings me to probably what will be the most embarrassing thing I do on this blog--my 'before' pictures. YIKES!

disclaimer: below are the most unflattering pictures of me that I could possibly EVER put on the internet. the only reason i am putting them on here is to see how far i've come at the end of all of this. if you'd rather not be grossed out, skip ahead :)

Close up of my triple chin...goo


Side view...my boobs and stomach are 1


and there's the muffin top...so gross

And of course, pictures wouldn't be complete without the stats. What can I say? Numbers don't lie and mine...are awful. I've been obsessed with Bulging Brides on the Fine Living Network, so I'm going to do the measurements they use, instead of detailing my arms, thighs, etc. Again, prepare to be disgusted:
height: 5'3"
weight: 204
bust: 49"
waist: 47"
hips: 44"
BMI: 36.1

According to America's Center for Disease Control and Prevention, a BMI above 30.0 is obese. yuck. They also say another way of guessing is if your waist (for non-pregnant women) is above 35". double yuck. I should have a BMI ranging from 18.5-25, and should weigh between 105lbs-140lbs, meaning I'm 64lbs overweight.  Needless to say, it is time to change. NOW. 

Dinner
So, in honor of renewing my promise to take care of myself, I am going to actively eat healthy, which means no more eating on campus. Although convenient, the food is anything but healthy and it gets pricey too! A large vanilla latte, bottled water, and sushi is $9, which adds up if you do something similar to that twice in one day. SO, feast your eyes on my healthy dinner: Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

What You'll Need: tomato, whole wheat bread, basil (fresh or dried), low-fat cheddar cheese, skillet or George Foreman grill.
First, slice 1 piece from a tomato. Put the rest in a Ziploc and save for tomorrow's recipes.
Next, lay 1 slice of low-fat cheddar cheese on the one of the whole wheat bread slices. Top with the tomato slice and basil. If you are using dried basil, add enough for your own personal taste. I used fresh basil, so I chopped about 3 leaves, or about the size of the tomato slice.
If you're using a skillet, melt 1 teaspoon (or 5ml) of butter over medium-high heat. Cook the sandwich for about 2 minutes per side, or until cheese is melted/bread is golden brown. If you have a George Foreman, put your sandwich on the grill for 2 minutes since it does both sides at once!

Mmmmmm :) That's what it looks like when it's all done! I give it a 5 outta 5...points? (I'll come up with some creative rating scale soon). This was delicious! And a quick dinner if you're short on time.


This recipe clearly makes 1 serving. Here's the nutritional facts for this scrumptious din-din:
Calories: 320
Fat: 12g
Protein: 16g
Carbs: 40g
Cholesterol: 30mg
Sodium: 621mg

Time to read for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be done in an hour so I can get a quick workout in between 8:30-9:00pm. Clearly, as my little widget in one of the posts below says, I've turned into a couch potato and am in need for a workout!

1 comment:

  1. les I love you. This is so honest and I do NOT think you look yucky but also totally support your determination to take care of your physical body. Also I WANT a piece of that grilled cheese!!! Oh my gosh george forman (thing to register for for sure!) xoxoxo

    ps why dont I get the fine living network??! I need that!

    ReplyDelete